Monday, October 17, 2011

Saturday when I arrived at the causeway Jon and Mike were there, Art and Canadian Dave showed up when I did. The wind was ENE and I rigged an 8.5 on the formula board. I was really well powered and sailed down at the House of Refuge with Art. Then we sailed under the Stuart causeway and on up to the Jensen causeway. That run was kind of choppy for a formula board, but out at the House it was great. When I stopped at the causeway Henry was there and Andrea had rigged.
Sunday I showed up around 2 and by that time the wind was E but harder. Jerry, Henry, Art and a few others had sailed the north side on 6.5's. Dino and I rigged 7.2, 7.0's. We sailed out at the House for a while with Art and Jon. We had some drag racing going on with flat water and some powerful gusts coming through. I caught one good gust close in on flat water and kept bearing off and logged 30.3mph on the gps. After that I made my way over to the channel and made some nice long runs from the spoil island up towards the bridge. Brandon showed up when I came in and he sailed the channel with Dino. The sky was overcast, a nice breeze was blowing; it was a very pleasant evening at the causeway.

No comments: