Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend Update

Sunday the wind showed up as forecasted. It was a typical west wind; gusts followed by lulls, followed by huge gusts tempting you to change up your rig. Dick summed it up best, "if you stay with what you rigged you will be right 30% of the time." There was a lot of sailors on the water, enjoying the wind, sunny skies and comardery.
Saturdays cook out turned out OK, the weather was a bit sketchy. A front was moving down the state with rain and wind in the forecast. The rain stayed just to the south of us, Art and David were able to sail when the wind spiked for an hour.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Windy Weekend

We had plenty of wind this weekend but it was difficult to sail. The Stuart causeway was closed due to a power boat regatta so it was hard to find a launch site.
Saturday I drove out to the House of Refuge early in the morning because parking is usually tight. I rigged a 4.7 on my 118L bic and was on the water at 9am. While I was sailing Tom, Susan and Ed showed up. At 12 I rigged a 6.0 and sailed for another hour. The wind was out of the east, water was flat and it made for some nice sailing.
Sunday I sailed again at the House of Refuge at 3pm. The wind ws lighter and it was out of the SE. I rigged a 7.0 and had a pretty decent sail.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Cookout at the Causeway

We are having a cookout at the causeway April 21st. So bring your family, friends, your favorite cookout food and beverages. This will take place on the Stuart causeway east island and start at 2:30. I will bring charcoal, ice, plates, cups and eating utensil's.