Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tuesday afternoon I made my way down to the causeway. I could tell I hadn't been windsurfing in a while, the footstraps on my board were completely dry. Dino had been out earlier on his 8.4 and didn't have much luck. I rigged my 8.5 on the formula and launched on the north side of the island. Wind line said E 16 - 22 but it looked like 10 to me. I schloged a hundred yards or so, caught a gust and sailed to the Jensen causeway. I was pleased with that but then I pretty much had to schlog back. I went back to the causeway and decided to wait and see if it would pick up. Ron T. showed up and rigged his 10.5, it was still looking light with an occasional gust coming through. We headed out and I was nicely powered :) We sailed to Jensen causeway and then south under the Stuart causeway down to the spoil island. We had a good sail, I was glad I went back out.
The forecast looks bleak for the next week or so. Tropical wave moving over Florida providing much needed rain but not much wind.

No comments: