Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Sail

On labor Day I was over in Ft Myers and the wind was blowing! When I arrived at the Sanibel causeway there was several windsurfers and kite boarders on the water. The wind was out of the south and I rigged a 7.0 on my 118L Bic. On a south wind the locals sail at the entrance to the causeway. There is a sandbar that cuts down the chop and makes for some good flat water sailing. They all use weed fins and the water is fairly shallow. I sailed on the outside of the sandbar because of my 40cm freeride fin and found some flat water more towards the causeway. Then I headed out towards Sanibel and did some exploring. Above is my GPS track. When I returned to the causeay there must have been a dozen windsurfers and haf a dozen kiteboarders.

No comments: