Friday, February 1, 2008

Lets see I have some catching up to do. Last Sunday 1-27 a fast moving front came through. Wind prediction was out of the north at 20 but it was hitting 30 and backed off some in the afternoon. I borrowed a 5.0 from Canadian Dave but couldn't get dialed in. Was sailing parallel to the bridge and couldn't get on plane and point upwind. Ended up getting swept under the bridge. I discovered two things. 1) The air seemed a lot warmer but lighter on that side and 2) the water is a lot flatter. This doesn't help much when sailing a sinker board. Canadian Dave swam out and helped drag my sorry butt back in. By this time the wind had dropped slightly, so I rigged a 5.5 and had a great time on the north side. I learned two more things 1) sail on the upwindy side of the bridge and 2) if you screw up you can count on your windsurfing buddies to cheer you on!

No comments: