Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday, February 10th 2008,

Since Dave is absent from the windsurfing scene, at least the one in Stuart, I thought I would fill in and inform on the current conditions and events at our favorite windsurf spot. Today was one of the typical North wind, after the cold front slides thru our area, days. Lucky for us the sun was shining while the cool wind kept us fresh and alert. Most everyone was on 4.5m to 5.0m sails which later in the afternoon probably would not have been enough. I sailed a 5.0 with my favorite 80 something liter High Tech board which loves to get air, but only when fully powered. Later in the day I used the 95l JP board, but stayed with the same sail. That worked better since the High Tech board is heavy and only wants to go when wind is filled in and howling. Eugene got to try my JP board and judging by the smile when he got back, enjoyed sailing a short board instead of his usual Techno. I don't know how he handles that large board in high winds and big chop. There was a few new faces, at least to me, at the causeway; Ron was on his 277cm JP learning how to waterstart in rough conditions. I think he had it licked by the end of the day. It's great to see so much interest in the sport and so many people coming to Stuart to windsurf. I keep hearing people asking about renting windsurfing equipment, so Glen Kerpchar if you are reading this, maybe it's time to get back into the windsurfing business.

All in all, it was another ," Top 10 Day" to borrow a friend's line. Sorry you missed it Dave, but hope you got some good wind on the West Coast.

No comments: