Monday, June 29, 2009

Saturday I rigged an 8.5 on the formula board and was on the water at 3:00. Wind was out of the SW and I was nicely powered but a few holes here and there. Then the wind clocked around to the NW. I followed Art under the bridge and headed up to the Jensen causeway. Once we got to Joes point it really picked up and we saw some lightening. I decided to head back and not to long after reaching the Stuart causeway the wind started to fade out to nothing. Chris had been on the water and Ron was rigging. Art told me he had been getting good wind all week and some days it was blowing 5.5, it was all dependant on the local storm cells.
Sunday I was on the water at 2:00 with the same rig. Dorian and Art were out but the wind was up and down. The first hour and a half was OK but then it started to fill in and at 4:10 it came in like gang busters. I was out in the channel heading south and was tail walking the formula board twice trying to stay out of the way of boat traffic. I stopped at the sandbar south of the spoil island and flattened my sail and was able to get back. Ron was on an 11.0 and spotted the wind coming and made it back to the island and went back out on a 5.1! After 20 minutes or so the wind backed off and Ron was out on his 11.0 again. I checked the wind history when I got home and it showed a gusts up to 30!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey dave its austin man i really want my dad to get back from croatia so i can go sailing. haha He's probably over there having a blast windsurfing. I WANT TO SAIL!!! HAHA