Saturday, October 17, 2009

Last Sunday I was out late in the afterrnoon on a 10.5 and a formula board. Wind was out of the SE and it was lite. Art was sailing way south and Dino, Austin, Ron T and I were sailing between the spoil islands. It was a lot of work at first hunting gusts but the wind came up some towards the end.
Friday Brandon called regarding the wind and as I was driving over the causeway some kites were up...... all good signs! When I got to the island I spotted Jerry and Jon, they must have brought the wind. It was blowing out of the SW and favoring the north side. So I rigged a 7.0 on the 118L board. It was so nice to be off the formula gear. I buzzed up to the sailing center, water was flat with some nice gusts coming through. Then I headed down the channel and under the bridge. I sailed with Art and Jon, water was flat but the holes were getting bigger. I was out for an hour and a half, the first hour was excellant. I saw Alex, Joel and a few other windsurfers on the water. On the island Fred, Dick and some others were milling about and Brandon showed up when I was leaving.

No comments: