Thursday, March 3, 2011

Drag racing at the causeway

It was a fluke that I was even able to get there but at noon time I was able to go sailing. Wind was out of the east 22 - 25 and it was nice and sunny. Dennis, Dino, Ron T., James, Connelly and I were racing up and down the channel south of the Stuart causeway and it was a blast! David was out at the House of Refuge and it was good to see Clark get out on the water as well.
Yesterday at lunch I went down to the Jupiter inlet but I didn't rig because it looked marginal. John and Mike showed up and went out and seemed to be doing fairly well. Mike pointed out that I should put my 6.0 on my 118L freeride board but I had to get back to work. So after work I went back and rigged what Mike suggested and it was doable. By this time the tide was up and some large swells were coming in and it made it interesting.

No comments: