Sunday, August 28, 2011

Saturday the wind was blowing NNW and it was mostly sunny. I arrived at the causeway around noon time, Canadian Dave and Dorian were there. I rigged a 7.0 and put a big fin on my Bic and sailed it all day. The wind was up and down but the gusts would last for quite a while and you always wanted to go back for another run. A lot of sailors showed up including two guys from Miami on formula gear. There has been a lot of jelly fish in the river, although they are thinning out. Ron, the youngest Dave and I have gotten stung. It would be a good idea to keep a bottle of ammonia with your windsurfing gear. If you don't have ammonia keep well hydrated and talk to Ron about "the procedure".
Sunday I arrived at the causeway around 3:00. The wind was blowing around 12:00, then a small storm came through and it backed down. It started building again out of the west but when I got there it looked like 10.5 maybe 8.5. Dennis was packing up his 8.5 and Mike started derigging as well. Ron called me and said a storm was heading my way in 20 minutes. I stowed all my formula stuff and rigged a 6.0 and put it on the Bic. Just when I got the sail on the board the wind came in. Ron, "he da man". I made one run for 3/4's of a mile and then it faded out!

2 comments:

wilanz said...

It was good to meet the crew on Saturday. Thanks for helping out the new guy and answering many questions. The 4.0 Sail worked great for me. Easy to uphaul and manuver and just enough power to learn to hook in with the harness.

I took it out to Jupiter Beach on Sunday and had a blast in the ocean.

wilanz said...

-