Saturday, November 30, 2013

Evening Sail

I was able to sail after work yesterday. I didn't get on the water till 5pm. Everyone had left and Jon was packing up. Wind was out of the NE and squalls were coming through. Jon told me Brandon was out on a 7.6 and he was over powered. I rigged a 6.0 on my 110L futura. When I took off I was way over powered but then the wind seemed to back off a tad and I had an awesome time. If I stayed on the east side of the river the water was fairly flat and it made for some high speed runs and gybes. With the heavy cloud cover by 5:45 I was traveling way to fast with the limited visibility.

Losing daylight savings time really bites. The last two times I have sailed at 5pm I had to stop after an hour because it was to dark, of course clear sky and some moonlight would help.

My company has added a gps app to our phones. So now it is tracking me like a dog from sunup to sundown, no more lunchtime sailing. I was able to get some afternoons off using my vacation time but now the are wanting a 30 day notice.

No comments: