Saturday, November 16, 2013

November Cool Fronts

We have had some mild cool fronts push through the state recently. On November 3rd I sailed at the Ft Pierce inlet with about a dozen kite boarders. I rigged 6.0 on a 92L wave board and had a great time. It was sunny with a fairly clean ocean swell coming in.
By wednesday the wind had clocked around to the east and the wind was up and down as storm cells moved through. I was on a 118L with a 5.2, it got me through the lulls but when the wind really cranked up it was way to much board. I sailed the afternoon on the west island of Stuart causeway and saw a lot of windsurfers. Jerry, Bill, Henry and Norman are here now.
On Tuesday the 13th another front came in and I sailed the east island of the Stuart causeway in the afternoon. Skies were cloudy with temps in the low 70's. I rigged a 4.7 on my 92L wave board. The wind was out of the north and I read 22 - 29 mph on my wind meter.   I was well powered but had plenty of control for the first hour. I was up near Riverside park when I decided to make my way back. It seemed like the wind came up some plus I was bearing off more and I was way over powered. I got hurled several times as I headed to the causeway.

No comments: