Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Saturday I didn't get out to the Stuart Causeway till 4:00. There was a lot of people windsurfing on the west island. The wind was more than I expected and the water was very low. All I brought was the formula board with its 58cm fin. Dave and Art graciously offered the use of their boards but I decided to launch on the east island. Kawabunga was packing up when I got there and he was out on a 7.5. I hesitantly rigged my 8.5 and headed out to the House of Refuge. I was really enjoying myself, had plenty of power and the water got flatter the further south I went. However, I had a run in with a jet ski and almost ran over the passanger. I was out about 2 hours and Brandon showed up followed by Dino. By this time I needed to head back, my legs were fatigued and the dog was "home alone". Once out of the flat water I discovered the wind had built some and it was a tough ride. Wish I could have sailed till sunset. Wind forecasts show Wednesday and Thursday afternoon may be good days, the best being the latter.

No comments: