Monday, August 25, 2008

TS Fay

Thursday turned out to be another great day on the water. I arrived at 5:00, Brandon and Bill were there. I rigged a 4.5 and was out 45 minutes or so. Wind was out of the SW and was up and down. I was slightly overpowered most the time and when the gusts came through they were huge. From the House of Refuge south the water was flatter and occasionaly you could catch some huge gusts. As I was heading back to the causeway the wind came in huge north of the spoil island. The board was up on its tail and after recovering I got hit again and spun out in huge chop. I sat on the board for awhile and let the wind calm down before heading back. Dino rigged his 4.2 and I was considering rigging a 4.0. I was taking some pictures of the kite boarders and soon afterwards the wind started to fade. Looks like we may have another TS Storm SE of Cuba should find out today. Other than that the forecasts look bleak

No comments: