Monday, November 24, 2008

I arrived at the causeway Saturday at 9:15. Art was rigged and heading out on his 6.5. The wind wasn't blowing as forecasted and was showing some holes so I rigged a 7.0 and put on a big fin. When the gusts came through I was cursing the big fin and then when I was hunting a gust to get back on plane it helped, so I guess I rigged right. I buzzed up to the Jensen causeway and to the cove north of Joes point. After an hour I made my way back to the Stuart causeway and a lot of sailors were rigging. The wind was NE and you could almost parallel the channel and sail with the boat traffic. I checked on Willa and went out for another 30 minutes and then the wind seemed to back off. It was a good morning on the water and when the sun did break through the clouds it sure felt good.

No comments: