Saturday, January 17, 2009

The railings were rattlin'

Friday the wind was up (northwest at 26 - 30 mph) and the windsurfers were out. It was warmer and sunnier than I had expected. When the gusts came through the bridge railings directly above the island would rattle and it would help refocus my attention on what I was doing....get out on the water! I rigged a 5.0 and was on my 88L board and stayed a couple hundred yards north of the bridge. Jibing was easier on the west side of the river because the water was flatter. The channel had some pretty heavy chop and it was easy to go airborne when heading west. I had a great time and it was hard to walk away from. Tuesday was not so good. Wind was out of the southwest and I rigged a 7.0 on my 118L board. The wind was up and down and when the gusts came through the 7.0 was just right but the holes were so big a formula board would have helped.

No comments: