Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Saturday I arrived at the causeway at 9:00 am and it was 53 degrees. (Dave M said to start early) Wind was north at 12 - 18 and wind chill was 42. I rigged a 7.0 on my 118L board and the first 45 minutes was OK and then the wind faded. I derigged and was talking to Dorian and then the wind started to come up. I rigged an 8.5 and went out on the formula board. There were quite a few sailors on the island at this point, it was around 12:00. (This was about the time Dave M finally showed up) I had plenty of power and it continued to build so after 1 1/2 hours I called it quits.
I wasn't able to go out Monday but Brandon called me about 3:00 and said it was blowing 5.0!
Tuesday I went out, it was forecasted to blow in the 30's. I rigged a 6.0 on my 88L board and it wasn't filled in enough. You could make some long runs but the wind would back off and leave you hunting for gusts. I switched to the 118L board and had plenty of speed but to much air under the board when the gust did come through. At the end of the day I was in Port Saint Lucie and the gusts were hitting 20 mph so I went to some ponds in Southbend. I rigged a 7.0 on my 118L board and went cruisin' for alligators. It involved a lot of jibbing since the pond was small and there was a very narrow spot where the wind really filled in. It was odd sailing in peoples backyards. Sarah stoped by since I was in her neighborhood and took some photos. Click on this link to see her photos. http://www.flickr.com/photos/teamtaylorproductions/sets/72157612806232780/show/

No comments: