Sunday, July 19, 2009

Thursday I rigged a 8.5 on my formula board and was out two hours. The first hour was a little slow and then the wind filled in. There was a lot of seaweed that fouled my fin frequently. All week the wind would be out of the west and then around 3 or 4 it would clock around to the southeast and fill in.
Saturday I was late getting to the causeway. the wind came up at 4 and I arrived at 6. I rigged a 7.0 on my 118L board. When the gusts came through I was nicely powered and it looked like the wind might come up more. There was a storm cell to the SW and one to the N. At 7 it filled in nicely and I had good wind for half an hour and then the rain and lightning came. When I arrived at the causeway the tide was very high and still coming in. The water in the channel was very clear and cool, made me want to jump off my board and go swimming.

No comments: