Sunday, January 3, 2010

The New Year starts out with bang!

New Years day I was waiting for that front to pass through so I made it down to the causeway around 3:30, quite a few sailors on the water. I rigged my biggest sail, 7.0 and put on a big fin because the wind hadn't really filled in. I sailed with Dino, Ron and Austin. David was finishing up and there were some freestylers sailing in close to the island and Alex was amongst them. Dino broke his universal and Ron was able to take another one out to him. Which was good because he was almost up to Joes Point. I was having a pretty decent sail, wind was out of the NNW and this long dark line of clouds came over the Jensen causeway, so dark in fact the lights were on. As the clouds got closer I thought the wind might fade out so I was heading back in. Then the wind came in like a freight train, it was a struggle to get back to the island.
Saturday I was on 6.0 and was out for a little over an hour. It was 53 degrees sunny and the wind was still NNW. I finished up around 1:30 when everyone else was just getting started. So I took some pictures

No comments: