Thursday, June 24, 2010

Great time despite light wind

After following the NOAA hourly forecast for several days I had visions of white caps and 7.0 sails dancing in my head. So I was a little disappointed yesterday as I drove over the causeway and was seeing an occasional white cap. On the upside the wind was ESE so we could sail up and down the channel south of the Stuart causeway. Ron, Dino, Austin, Rick and I were out for almost two hours. Boat traffic was light but just enough to make it interesting. I was sailing an 8.5 on the formula board and enjoyed buzzing along the edge of the sandbar on the east side of the channel. Water was very flat with some nice gusts coming through. Dino and I would get into an occasional duel, well frequently actually, which really made it interesting.

No comments: