Wednesday, March 25, 2009

3/20 - 3/22 Friday after work Ron T was on the water and Art was packing up. The wind (N)wasn't blowing like we expected. Dino showed up and I could tell by his demeanor he wasn't going to rig. He was muttering about the cold, no sun and light wind, very unusual. So I rigged a 7.0 on a 118L board with a big fin. I was out 20 minutes and had to come in and switch fins. Ron and I sailed close to sunset, a nice way to end the week.
Saturday afternoon I rigged a 6.0 and went out on a 94L board I borrowed from Dave M. There was a lot of sailors out from both islands of the causeway. The wind was out of the NE and you could hardly feel it at times on the east island. After you got out a couple hundred yards it was pretty filled in and you could sail right up to the Jensen causeway.
Sunday afternoon the wind had turned and we were sailing on the south side of the east island. I rigged a 7.0 on my 118L board and when the gusts came through I had plenty of sail. My first run was heading south down the channel past the spoil island and back. I thought it would be a fun time but the gusts became infrequent and seemed more like work.

No comments: