Sunday, March 15, 2009

On Monday the forecast for the week didn't look all that promising. In mid week NOAA hourly report was showing some wind. Late Thursday I arrived at the causeway and Ron T. and Dino were out. I rigged an 8.5 on the formula board and had a pretty decent ride. Friday was the same scenero but when I rigged the 8.5 I found a broken batten so I rigged my 7.0. The wind really filled in so I went out on my 118L board. Ron T. was struggling with his 9.0 and Dino broke a panel on his 8.4 and they both headed in. I was buzzing around near the House of Refuge and the spoil island for an hour and Dino finally came out on his 7.4. We ended up tearing around the causeway till sunset. Saturday I didn' get to the causeway till 2:30 and there was kite boarders and windsurfers on the water. I rigged a 6.0 on my 88L board and headed out to the House of refuge with Henry. Dave M. and Dick were already there and we had a great time buzzing around. Don came out on a formula board with a 9.2, dang he was fast. When we got back to the causeway most everyone had packed up and left. Alex was finishing up and Brandon was rigging.

No comments: