Monday, March 9, 2009

Saturday, 3/7, I arrived at the causeway at 11:00 and Dorian was out on a 120L board with his 7.5. He wasn't planing but I could see gusts and the wind line was saying 17 - 21 out of the SE. I rigged an 8.5 on the formula board and was out at the House of Refuge in no time. I had plenty of wind and thought maybe I had rigged to big because it was forecasted to come up some in the afternoon. I was out an hour and then the wind started backing off. I made my way back to the island and saw 5 sails south of the west island and people rigging on the east island. Fred, Dino, Austin and Clark were rigging and I decided to call it a day. That afternoon I checked the wind history on the Jensen web cam site and I hit a spike that lasted from 12:00 - 1:00. That doesn't happen to often.

No comments: