Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday turned out to be another great day on the water. I was a bit stiff from Saturday and only planned to spend a few hours on the water to stretch out some muscles (we come up with the weirdest rationales to justify time on the water). I arrived at 10:30 and the wind was really filled in and I was kicking myself for leaving the 88L board at home. So I rigged a 6.0 on my 118L board and headed out. I was making my way swiftly up to the House of Refuge and the wind backed down. In fact we had a hole that lasted at least 20 minutes, so I headed back to rig a bigger sail. I went back out on a 7.0 and made my way out to the House and met up with Art. I sailed with him a short while and decided to head in. About this time Dino and Austin show up and Dino is encouraging me to go back out. So after a short break I sail over to the West side of the river and make quite a few runs with Andrea. Then Dino shows up and talks me into a race. So after beating me 4 times he talks a bunch of people (James, Austin, Andrea, Ron L, Todd, Eugene and me) into racing. After beating all of us soundly he sails off. What was the cause of all this......I believe the photo above!

3 comments:

James Douglass said...

What was the course you guys ran?

Dave Zajicek said...

On the south side of the west island is a red flag that marks the north end of the sandbar. Due south of there, which puts you close to the last docks on the west side, was a pvc pipe. Those were the marks. It lined up well with the wind but the tide was a bit to low at both marks and if your fin was to long, like mine was you would get hurled, like I did.

Dino said...

We like to keep it exciting by making the marks close to the sandbar. :)