Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chasing the wind

Sunday I was on the water at 2:00. I rigged an 8.5 on the formula board. Dino, Ron T and I ended up at the sandbar between the two spoil island. Wind was SE and fading but we made a few runs in the flat water. I quit at 4:00 Dino and Ron stayed till 6:00 and the wind did build back up. Chris was at the causeway when I came in, he was out on a 9.0.
Monday I saw a fair amount of white caps with gusts coming through so I rigged a 7.0 on the 118L board. By the time I got to the wind line the wind had backed down some, so I came in and put on a bigger fin and the wind faded more! After an hour it looked like it would take a 10.5 to get going. Chris tried his 8.0 with no luck and Dick stopped by and surveyed the situation.
Hey Art that sailboat is still stuck in the mud!

No comments: