Monday, August 10, 2009

Smooth Sailing

Sunday I arrived at the causeway at 5:45, wind was light out of the east. Looking south the wind shadow extended almost to the pink house so I launched on the north side. While rigging a 10.5 on the formula board the wind was so light it seemed pointless. Within 20 yards of shore I caught a gust and cruised up to Joes point. When heading back to the causeway I noticed the wind had shifted more south. I passed under the bridge and headed down the channel and made some runs along the sandbar between the spoil islands. The runs were kind of short for flipping a 10.5 so I headed north. By this time (7:00) the boat traffic was so light I started making runs in the channel from the bridge to the spoil island. The water was flat, the sun was setting and it was a great way to end the week.

No comments: