Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Weather forecasts on the Outer Banks really don't mean much. Well they are pretty accurate with sunrise and sunset. Today it was supposed to be windy early and then it would fade. This morning the wind was out of the South so I went to the Canadian Hole. I was the only one there at 8am. It was drizzling and there were some small whitecaps on the water. I rigged a 7.0 and some heavy rain came in and then the wind faded. A few more windsurfers showed up and eventually two guys went out on the water. They were catching some gusts so I went out and joined them. The gusts started to fill in and eventually I was overpowered so I went in and rigged a 6.0. By this time 6 of us were on the water and we were buzzing back and forth. Eventually it started to fade so I went back out on my 7.0 and there was about a dozen windsurfers and a dozen kite boarders by this time. I quit after 2 hours and went back to Frisco Woods for lunch. Around 3pm the wind came in out of the west so I rigged the 6.0 and went out but it dropped. So I rigged a 7.0 and went back out. It was pretty cool because you could cruise the coastline. Great way to end our last day on Hatteras.

No comments: