Sunday, April 20, 2014

NW Wind Comes In Better Than Expeted

Yesterday I had to get out of the house so I went down to the causeway. Wind was out of the NW but there wasn't much of it. I walked around the causeway island, Jon was sitting in his camper and no one was windsurfing. On the south side there was a lot of boaters and jet skies and on the north side I could see some puffs coming across the water. So the plan was to rig my 8.5  on the 117W isonic and hunt for some gusts. I wasn't on the water 15 minutes and it started filling in. I was way powered up but I figured it would back off. After an hour of this the chop was getting to be to much for my board so I went in and rigged a 7.0 on my 101L futura. Edward was rigging his 8.5 and Randy saw what was going on and went to get his equipment. I went out for almost another hour and then the wind backed off a tad. Some strong gusts where still coming in but it wasn't as consistent. As I was packing up Edward, Randy and Jon where on the water and Tom was rigging. It was a beautiful, sunny afternoon.

No comments: