Monday, March 15, 2010

Saturday and Sunday, great time on the water!

Saturday brought an end to a day and a half of rain. Skies were clear and there was a cool dry wind blowing out of the west. I arrived at the causeway around noon and it was crowded with windsurfers and kite boarders. I rigged a 6.0 and and after struggling with it for an hour or so I rigged down to a 5.0. It felt good but a 4.5 may have been better at times. At one point I counted 8 kites up in the air, it was a bit crazy coming into the beach.
Sunday the conditions were the same but the wind was a bit less. I rigged a 7.0 on the 118l board and was sailing for 3 hours. There was more holes early. I was able to catch a gust shortly after heading out and blasted up to the Jensen causeway. I was pretty much overpowered and was concerned because I would have to sail off the wind more to get back. I cruised back to the sailing center and then hit some holes. Around 4:00 it picked up some, less holes and the 7.0 was a bit much. I did sail under the Stuart causeway down to the spoil island but the wind was a bit flaky.

No comments: